Many customization options are available for this Nomad Platform Bed Frame. If you would like to learn more, please read our blog post about customization and upgrades.
Sandia Platform Bed Specs
Available with two different clear coat options, three different colored finishes, or unfinished.
-Clear Coat Options-
- Standard Watco Danish Natural Oil, a unique blend of penetrating oil and varnish. When cured it is non-toxic and odor free.
- Daddy Van’s Zero VOC all natural hemp oil.
-Colored Stain Options-
- Caramel Stain- a Watco Danish Oil stain, a unique blend of penetrating oil and varnish. When cured it is non-toxic and odor free.
- Charcoal or Chocolate Stain- Made with Zero VOC Rubio Monocoat.
- Nomad side rails and footboard come standard at 3 1/4″. Upgrade to premium rails for 5 3/4″ side rails and footboard. Read our blog post for more details.
- The Natural Sleep Store Nomad bed frame price includes solid natural poplar slats spaced 3 1/8″ apart. Slats with a smaller gap (either 1 5/8″ or 1/2″ apart) are also available for a surcharge. Read our blog post for more details.
- Headboard panel is 21″ tall, and sits a total of 35″ from the floor.
Taller Frame Option
- Slat height is 12″ from the floor. A bed that sits 3″ higher is available for a surcharge. Read our blog post for more details.
- The distance between the slats and the bottom of the headboard is 5.5″. This is ideal for a 7″-9″ mattress. If you have a taller mattress, and want the headboard to be placed higher on the legs such that the mattress does not cover up a lot of the headboard, choose a bigger gap option (not available for Pecos Lite or Taos Sleigh Bed).
- 3″ bigger gap, best for mattresses 10″-12″ thick
- 6″ bigger gap, best for mattresses 12″-14″ thick
- 9″ bigger gap, best for mattresses 15″-18″ thick
Read our blog post for more details.
- A leg that extends from the center support of the bed frame to the floor, for extra support when needed. Twin through Queen needs one support, King and Cal King needs two supports. Read our blog post for more details.
Twin: 41 1/2 in x 78 1/2 in
Twin XL: 41 1/2 in x 84 in
Full: 56 1/2 in x 78 1/2 in
Queen: 62 1/2 in x 84 in
King: 78 1/2 in x 84 in
Cal King: 74 1/2 in x 87 1/2 in
About Nomad Furniture
All Nomad bed frames are hand made to order in Farr West, Utah. These sturdy bed frames feature simple lines, hidden connectors, solid wood, and a hand rubbed finish. All Nomad bed frames are platform beds, with sturdy slats you can place your mattress directly upon, no need for a box spring or foundation. Additionally, Nomad has many premium options to customize your bed frame if you need something different then the standard specs.