Using natural bedroom furniture is a key way to keep toxic chemicals such as formaldehyde and particle board VOCs from entering your air. Choose a solid wood bed frame to compliment your organic mattress and bedding.
What is a Platform Bed? Do you need a box spring if you buy a platform bed? Read our Blog Post on Platform Beds and Boxsprings.
How do you choose a good platform bed? Read our blog post on Purchasing Guidelines for Platform Beds.
Read our blog post that discusses the science behind VOCs and bed frames.
The Natural Sleep Store offers a beautiful selection of hand-crafted bed frames available in a number of finishes and styles to compliment almost any decor.
- Bedworks of Maine bed frames are made from North American Ash and have many stains and paint colors to choose from. Unfinished and clear coat options are also available. Slats for platform frames are solid hardwood.
- Handcrafted in New Mexico, Nomad platform bed frames have oak and maple options. Can be made standard with Danish Oil, with a zero-VOC Tried and True linseed oil finish, or unfinished. Nomad bed frames have many customization options to change the aesthetics and function of the bed.
- Pacific Rim uses solid Maple or natural Cherry. They are finished with tung oil and beeswax, zero-VOC Tried and True finish, or unfinished. Bed frames are made for use with a box spring, or platform style with slats.
- Savvy Rest manufacturers beautifully made platform beds constructed from solid maple. Available with a variety of no-VOC colored stains.
- Glideaway manufactures an adjustable bed frame insert, which changes your existing bed frame into an adjustable bed!