The organic latex milk is tapped from the sustainable rubber tree plantations in Sri Lanka. The final dunlop latex is certified organic by GOLS.
Organic French wool
Royal-Pedic has sourced the finest quality untreated wool on the planet for your healthful sleeping comfort on an organic mattress. The Organic French wool used is chemical-free, odorless, resilient, pre-compressed, and a natural flame retardant. You won’t find a higher quality organic mattress or toppers than with Royal-Pedic
• Chemical Free – there are no chemicals used in the processing of this wool, or in the diet of the Sheep. The sheep live outside year round, grazing on the open lush lands in the South of France.
• Odorless – The wool is harvested from the back and belly only. This is a very important factor, as usually wool also comes from the legs and crotch of the sheep, where it is nearly impossible to wash out the smell. Further, the wool is washed in three soda baths with increasing temperatures (90 degrees – 140 degrees) followed by a cold rinse in pure water. The washing process virtually eliminates the typical sheep odor and risk of moth infestation.
• Better Resiliency – Since the sheep live outside all year, their wool is naturally more curly and longer. The strong natural curl of the French Wool provides lasting resilience, bounce and loft that is superior to mechanically crimped wool fibers, such as wool sources from New Zealand, which will mat down faster resulting in greater body imprint.
• Natural Flame Retardant – the French Wool acts as a natural flame barrier, and when ordering an organic mattress, there is no need for a doctor’s note, as long as the mattress has the French Wool layering under the covering.
• Pre-Compressed – After the French wool is converted into layers it is pre-compressed into dense layers, which in turn minimizes body imprints in the mattress.
Royal-Pedic’s certified organic fabric is woven in Germany on state of the art looms, and is free of chemical treatments. The fabric is luxuriously soft to the touch – almost like comparing Italian made Egyptian cotton sateen sheets to regular sheets. This German fabric is used on the Premier Organic Mattress line. Mattresses in the Natural Organic collection are made using a 100% organic cotton canvas fabric.
Royal-Pedic’s organic staple cotton is grown in California and Texas. Organic cotton is grown without the use of pesticide sprays and chemical fertilization. To preserve the organic cotton crop from being eaten by insects, predator insects are introduced that eat the insects that would have otherwise eaten the cotton crop. After the organic cotton is harvested, it is bundled, and then converted into layers for use in our organic mattress and box spring constructions.