The Rossa certified organic pocket-coil mattress offers customizable comfort in the popular combination of latex and coils. The Rossa utilizes pocket coils as a base later and adds a layer of organic latex on the surface that is customizable. This latex layer is available in plush, medium or firm. A certified organic quilted cotton and wool zippered cover encases the coils and latex for superior comfort. OMI's dedication to purity makes the Rossa pocket-coil mattress kind to the body as well as the environment. Part of OMI's Rest Collection.
The Rossa Organic Pocket Coil Mattress
- Height: approximately 12 inches
- Core: a pocket coil innerspring unit wrapped with biodegradable PLA
- Surface: choose plush, medium, or firm GOLS certified latex
- Cover: wrapped in a GOTS certified organic cotton and organic wool cover with a zipper for access
- Absolutely no synthetic fire retardants!
Rossa Foundation Requirements
The Rossa mattress requires a unique foundation. The coil springs used in most supporting box springs are approximately 3 inches in diameter. The diameter of coils used in the Rossa mattress is approximately 1.5 inches. What this means, is that to prevent the pocket coils from resting on an unsupported space, one of the following options must be used:
- Order the Rossa with the coordinating OMI foundation, which is padded to offer the coils proper support.
- Order the Rossa with the supplemental foundation layer. The supplemental foundation layer can then be placed on top of a supportive platform bed, box spring, or foundation.
- Place on a slat bed frame with no more than 1 inch between slats (most platform bed frames have 2-3 inch space between slats)
Not using proper support could void the warranty
The OMI Rossa matching foundation
Made out of cabinet grade kiln dried wood and organic cotton, this 8" foundation is padded to support the coils that form the core of the Rossa.
The Supplemental Foundation Layer
Made out of 2" of coir (natural coconut fiber baked with natural latex) wrapped in organic cotton, the supplemental foundation layer will serve as proper pocket coil support on a box spring, foundation, or platform bed.