Customizable natural and organic latex mattresses made from high quality, healthy materials. Natural and organic innerspring and futon style mattresses are also available. No synthetics or chemical flame retardants are used.
Free Shipping on all adult sized Natural and Organic Mattresses!
Reasons to choose a natural latex or natural rubber mattress
There are many reasons why people choose a natural latex or natural rubber mattress. These are the most popular in organic mattress options. (please note that the terms "natural rubber" and "natural latex" can be used interchangeably).
- Longevity. Natural latex does not form body impressions as easily as organic cotton batting or even polyester batting used in conventional mattresses. Many non-latex mattresses over time will form a body impression- a hole or a dip exactly where one sleeps each night. This can be very uncomfortable. However, natural latex does not form body impressions for 15 years plus. It is truly a mattress with longevity!
- Natural rubber is dust mite, mildew, and mold resistant. Natural rubber is a great choice if you have an allergy to dust mites, as they can't breed in natural rubber.
- Natural latex reduces pressure points. When you sleep on natural latex your body can "sink" into the mattress exactly where it needs to (ex. shoulders) while keeping your spine in alignment. This improves circulation and reduces tossing and turning.
- Natural rubber is very comfortable!
View our natural rubber / natural latex mattress selection.
Reasons to choose an organic innerspring mattress
- Price is often a reason why people choose an innerspring mattress. Since the price is lower than a natural latex mattress, it is an economical way to make sure you are on an all organic mattress made with organic cotton and wool and no flame retardants. If your greatest concern is wanting to get away from a chemical mattress and into an organic mattress, one of these mattresses may be a great choice for you. The innerspring mattresses tend to be firmer. If you prefer a softer mattress, consider placing a natural or organic mattress topper on it to give it a pillowtop feel.
- Natural latex allergy. There are two types of latex allergies. One allergy is to the chemicals and/or synthetic latex used in latex items like latex gloves. Most people have this type of allergy. However, some people do have a true natural latex allergy which is an allergy to the proteins in natural latex. All of the natural latex used in our mattresses are washed to remove the proteins which should eliminate any problems or allergic reactions. However, a very small number of people have reported allergic reactions when in direct contact with the natural latex used in our mattresses (while directly touching the latex). Most people who do have a true latex allergy will have no problem sleeping on a natural latex mattress, because there are layers of organic cotton and wool in between the latex and the outside of the mattress. If you aren't sure what type of latex allergy you have, please contact us for a test piece.
View our organic innerspring mattresses.
Why choose an organic mattress topper
- Some people do not want to replace their current mattress, but would like to have an organic barrier between themselves and their conventional mattress. A natural or organic mattress topper is a great way to do that!
- The natural mattress toppers can offer a softer or a pillowtop feel to our organic mattresses. Although you can choose a soft natural latex mattress, it will still not feel exactly like a pillowtop mattress. If the pillowtop feel is something you like, a natural mattress topper is a super option.
View our natural and organic mattress toppers.
Read our blog post on how to know if the organic mattress you are buying is truly organic